Tuesday, January 2

JRTFB

A year ago I was in two book discussion groups. Then I dropped both. One inadvertently (kept forgetting to go) and the other one after careful consideration. There's a painful story involved, but it's not my story, so not my pain to share.

In both cases, I have run into members around town and have been pleaded with to rejoin. Why? Because I'm the only one who regularly read the book and had anything of depth to say about it. They exaggerated, but not by much.

I've missed them. I'm probably forgetting how much the lack of discussion would irk me.

Tonight I will try again. Tonight I will attend the meeting of the inadvertently dropped group. We read Hitty: Her First Hundred Years by Rachel Field. Fascinating. Discussable (is that a word?).

The other group? No, I can't go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am in two book groups. One is mainly social, although we usually have some decent discussion. The other group is right on task every month. If I had to drop one, it would be a tough choice.

"JRTFB"? I googled it, didn't find it, then had a Duh! moment when I realized what it stood for. I may need to use it sometime.