Wednesday, May 10

PNW Forest: take two

I learned from my "mistakes" and added vinegar to the presoaking water (and I sprayed some on after painting). I also made sure to steam the yarn longer. It still lost some blue; but I had compensated by making the colors a bit more blue overall. The drying skeins all look so blotchy. Bad '60s tie-dye is the description my supportive husband uses.



But once swatched...

3 comments:

Beck said...

Dorothy, it's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Kathleen said...

I like it! The dyeing is amazing to me... some day! :)

Melinda said...

Ooo, pretty. I like the purply tones.