Thursday, September 6

short post with pictures

Erika has listed some of my hand-dyed yarn in her etsy store. Go take a peek.

Here's some of my hand-dye that I kept:

currybfl



One sock, BFL DK weight, shows the length of the color repeat using my jumbo niddy noddy. I love this sock and have been wearing it while I knit the second one. It's thicker than fingering, I knit this on US4s with 48 stitches.



monkeysock

Monkey Sock number one is also done. (Number two is almost at the toe.) This was some of my very first hand-dyed yarn. Cookie's Monkey sock pattern in knitty.com comes in only one size. I was worried that it would be too small for me, but it isn't. Close though. Knit-Picks Bare sock yarn, knit on US2s.

skeinwinderV1
Look what Franz built. this has already been used, then dismantled to reuse the parts for winder version 2.

2 comments:

Treesh said...

Nice skein winder. Amazing what you can do with toys:)

NH Knitting Mama said...

I've seen various skein winders/swifts on the net made of k'nex, tinker-toys and wood. Very creative!