Tuesday, November 13

Accentuate the positive

Checking in with a few random notes.

  • I ordered a laptop from the Buy One/Give One program of One Laptop Per Child. We've been following the OLPC program for years and happy to see that it is moving forward. Be a philanthropist and a geek at the same time for only $424 including shipping ($200 is tax deductible).


  • I made Pumpkin Soup with Smoked Paprika from Elise's Simply Recipes blog and it was delicious.


  • Progress on the Cambridge Jacket! I got the sleeves seamed acceptably and cut the steek and sewed in a zipper. By hand. My first zipper installation and it worked. The sweater fits Franz well and just needs a collar. How long will that take?
    zipped


  • I've been knitting other things as well, including lots of progress on the Large Triangle from VLT.LTfVLT11_13


  • Erika and I are doing well with our Hand Dyed Yarn Adventure. We've collectively sold 52 skeins of hand-dyed yarn. Oops, make that 53!

indiancorn2spruceclassicsturdy

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Those are some beautiful yarns. I especially like the yellows one. Makes me wish I had more yarn money.

I've never heard of One Laptop Per Child. When we decide to get one (see the wish for more money thing) we'll definitely check that out.